This hands-on class will provide students with a visual, theoretical and practical education in Mandana Art of Mewar Rajasthan. Taught by Smt. Vidhya Devi Soni of Bhilwara, this course covers the traditional and modern approach, with the ultimate goal of enhancing the student’s capacity to understand Traditional Art of India.
Vidya Devi was born on December 6, 1951 in the traditional painter family of Bhilwara.
Under the guidance of the father Shri Badri Lal and mother Sumitra, she got knowledge of making a Mandana from the age of 6 years and today is continuously working to keep this art alive.
Various geometrical and ornate representations are created in different ways in the Mandana style which is the folk art of Rajasthan. In the 62 years of work experience, her works can be seen on walls and on hand-made papers and clothes.
|Eligibility:||Anyone can enrol|
|Course Intake:||Admission Open|
|Tuition Fee:||INR4000/ USD65 per year|
Distance & Online
|Topic 1||Introduction to Mandana and Surface preparation|
|Topic 2||Drawing Mandana – Diya ka Chowk|
|Topic 3||Filling and decoration|
|Topic 4||Filling or Bharan|
|Topic 5||Borders or Latkan|
|Topic 7||Dot or Tipki Mandana|
|Topic 8||Mandana representing occasions|
The International Fine Art Academy maintains an open admissions policy for all persons who wish to obtain an education in fine arts. Anyone who mets the requirement can apply for our courses. You may register, pay tuition, and apply for admission online. For Admission please fill in the ADMISSION FORM.
- Terracotta Paint, Poster White
- Water Painting round and flat brushes series 10, 6, 4, 2. Any company is fine.
- Color mixing Palette or ice tray
- Ivory Sheets or Any painting sheet (150 gsm to 300 gsm)
Graduates of the International Fine Art Academy will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce work appropriate for seeking skilled opportunities in their chosen field of art and style.
- Solve inventive issues inside their field of art and style, as well as analysis and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and abstract data.
- Communicate concepts professionally and connect through visual, oral, and written presentation skills.
- A supported environment for the understanding of art and style principles.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, historical and modern, on art.
- Learn the skilled skills and behaviors necessary to vie within the international marketplace for art and style.
Teaching is done through pre-recorded demo, online notes, assignment and discussion forum. Each subject consists of Topics. Each Topic is opens as you complete the earlier topic respectively. To complete a topic you need to login, watch the demo, read the notes and submit the assignment. To submit an assignment, simply take a picture or scan the homework assignment and upload it in the assignment forum for feedback. Instructors may provide your with a review with 24-48 hours.