Drawings are based on observation from life and the study of old master drawings. Emphasis is placed on proportional accuracy, foreshortening and the use of form and cast shadows to achieve convincing three dimensional form. This is a focused course for Student and Artist who wish to pursue Portrait Painting as a career. Portrait painting course develops the artist’s ability to represent the human figure in pictorial space.
|Eligibility:||Anyone can enrol|
|Course Intake:||Admission Open|
|Tuition Fee:||INR4000/ USD65 per year|
Distance & Online
|1||The Planes of the head Part|
|2||Value pattern (rhythm), what is it, how to use it?|
|3||Oil painting basics: Materials, medium, mark making, cleaning, 5 Value scale, Monochrome painting.|
|4||Setting up the model’s light /Monochrome painting.|
|5||Edges, types of edges, and edge control to create a focal point.|
|6||Basic color theory. Value and color relationship using the color wheel and its relationship with the value scale.|
|7||Limited palette. Features: Eyes|
|8||Limited palette. Feature: Nose and Mouth|
|9||Limited palette. Feature: Ear|
|10||Intro to full palette and color theory. Color choices: what colors to use, keep your palette simple how to develop your own palette.|
The International Fine Art Academy maintains an open admissions policy for all persons who wish to obtain an education in fine arts. Anyone who mets the requirement can apply for our courses. You may register, pay tuition, and apply for admission online. For Admission please fill in the ADMISSION FORM.
- Painting Surface 14*11″ or 16*12″
- Gesso primer
- Oil Colors- White or Flake White, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium yellow, Terra Rosa, Cadmium red, Alizarin crimson, Ultramarine blue, Sap Green, Black, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
- Brushes Flat or Filbert series 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2
- Round brush for drawing series 2 or 4
- Glass or Wooden Palette
- Palette Knife
- Medium Mixture of 50% turpentine and linseed oil
Graduates of the International Fine Art Academy will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce work appropriate for seeking skilled opportunities in their chosen field of art and style.
- Solve inventive issues inside their field of art and style, as well as analysis and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and abstract data.
- Communicate concepts professionally and connect through visual, oral, and written presentation skills.
- A supported environment for the understanding of art and style principles.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, historical and modern, on art.
- Learn the skilled skills and behaviors necessary to vie within the international marketplace for art and style.
Teaching is done through pre-recorded demo, online notes, assignment and discussion forum. Each subject consists of Topics. Each Topic is opens as you complete the earlier topic respectively. To complete a topic you need to login, watch the demo, read the notes and submit the assignment. To submit an assignment, simply take a picture or scan the homework assignment and upload it in the assignment forum for feedback. Instructors may provide your with a review with 24-48 hours.