Rajasthan’s National Awardee Prakash Joshi teaches the traditional Phad style of mythology-based painting to youngsters, to keep this dying art alive.
|Eligibility:||Anyone can enrol|
|Course Intake:||Admission Open|
|Tuition Fee:||INR4000/ USD65|
Prakash is from the well-known Joshi family in Rajasthan that has been into painting Phad art for almost 300 years. The first question is why he avoids erasers. The reply is: “So that the student can see his earlier mistake and avoid it. If he erases it, then the same mistake is continued. Avoiding an eraser also makes the student more alert and perfect,” says Prakash.
“Phad is a 10 Century art. All the drawings are fixed. In realistic art we have long noses. In Phad, we have a round nose, large eyes and round face. If there is even a slight change in the depiction of the line, the art can be mistaken either for a Madhubani or patchitra. Even the colours here are fixed — orange, yellow, green, brown, blue, red and black,” he explains. “Most of the images are side profiles for we are drawing characters speaking to one another. Only the deities and demons are given a clear picture.”
Distance & Online
|Topic 1||Introduction to Phad – head Study|
|Topic 2||Female Figure|
|Topic 3||Male Figure|
The International Fine Art Academy maintains an open admissions policy for all persons who wish to obtain an education in fine arts. Anyone who mets the requirement can apply for our courses. You may register, pay tuition, and apply for admission online. For Admission please fill in the ADMISSION FORM.
Graduates of the International Fine Art Academy will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce work appropriate for seeking skilled opportunities in their chosen field of art and style.
- Solve inventive issues inside their field of art and style, as well as analysis and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and abstract data.
- Communicate concepts professionally and connect through visual, oral, and written presentation skills.
- A supported environment for the understanding of art and style principles.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, historical and modern, on art.
- Learn the skilled skills and behaviors necessary to vie within the international marketplace for art and style.
Teaching is done through pre-recorded demo, online notes, assignment and discussion forum. Each subject consists of Topics. Each Topic is opens as you complete the earlier topic respectively. To complete a topic you need to login, watch the demo, read the notes and submit the assignment. To submit an assignment, simply take a picture or scan the homework assignment and upload it in the assignment forum for feedback. Instructors may provide your with a review with 24-48 hours.